Founded in 1957 by brothers James C. and Horace Martin, Martin Brothers Construction’s early focus was farm and conservation work. Our early work included the creation of countless ponds in the Upstate where we estabilished a reputation for quality work performed on-time and within budget.
In 1965, Martin Brothers expanded into the mining industry, where we’ve since become known for maintaining a safety record few others can rival.
In the 1970s, second-generation owners Jimmy and Philip Martin developed Martin Brothers Construction into the company it is today. Upon graduating from college, Jimmy’s son, Neill Martin, joined the company and has since become Vice President—officially bringing in a third-generation to lead our family’s business. Neill oversees the field operations as Martin Brothers continues to do business driven by the same values and principles from over 60 years ago.
Martin Brothers operates out of a 4,500 sq.ft. office building and 15,000 sq.ft. shop located in Gray Court, SC. We operate a state-of-the-art facility to maintain and repair our equipment—from oil changes to overhaul. Our shop features a wash bay, a welding and fabrication area, and 4 equipment service bays. Our full-time service technicians and on-staff welder keep our equipment maintained properly to ensure peak performance and safety.
Martin Brothers employs over 40 hard-working professionals, many of whom have been with us for 10–15 years, or more. All of our employees receive MSHA training upon hire and complete an 8-hour refresher course annually.